Tuesday 23 June 2009

Hole-y Moly!




Late last night Helen Of Troy... stumbled upon this rather confusing article on the Guardian website. It seems chain-smoking chantress Courtney Love has decided to release her not-so-forthcoming album Nobody's Daughter under her old Hole moniker, despite being the only member of the seminal grunge outfit to be associated with it - Melissa auf der Maur's backing vocals don't really count as far as we're concerned.


So has the decision to revive the aforementioned moniker been made in a bid to help shift more units, or is it merely a statement that the raucous rocker feels Nobody's Daughter is a return to past form and merely wants to brand it as such? Either way, we're chomping at the bit for news on a final release date. C'mon Courtney, show us what you've got!

3 comments:

Adem With An E said...

Hrm. This is interesting, and actually a choice I'm thinking is probably a wise move? I dunno, I just like the idea of going into a record shop again and buying the new Hole CD. I haven't done that since I was in high school, would kinda be nice...

Helen of... said...

It's given me hope that it might just be a fairly decent record. I'm so glad she ditched all that maudlin stuff she produced with Linda Perry and decided to go down the rock route again.

Adem With An E said...

I LOVE what I've heard of the new material and think it will probably be an all time career high for her/Hole.

Agreed re: perry.